Trade Show Managers: Three Things To Remember
August 19, 2016
Photo Credit: Helgi Halldorsson
As a trade show manager, you know what it’s like to work under pressure. Planning a trade show is no joke. We salute you!
But despite the stress, mess, and frustrations that come with the job, you know you love your work. The excitement in the air when you finally get to the trade show. Seeing your plans take shape – the fruit of your labor. That’s what makes it all worth it.
At Legacy Logistics, we want to encourage you and make your job as rewarding as possible. So as you get ready to plan your next trade show, keep these three things in mind:
1. The early bird gets the worm. Start planning for your event at least a year in advance – if only for your peace of mind! Make a list, and check things off one day at a time. Things like:
- Set budget
- Make goals (sales, building rapport with customers, getting more press, etc.)
- Book venue, hotels, transportation, etc.
- Design booth
- Create multi-faceted promotional plan
- Post-show follow-up strategy
The list goes on. The sooner you start planning, the better prepared you’ll be, and the more calm, cool, and collected you’ll be come showtime.
2. You’re not superman. You can’t fix every problem. More likely than not, something unexpected will pop up at the event. It’ll either be a quick, easy fix, or an issue that you’re just going to have to roll with. The best thing you can do is plan as much as you can for what could go wrong, set realistic expectations for the solution, and always put things in perspective. Remember: you may not be superman, but you are a superhero for all the amazing things you do!
3. Choose a trade show logistics company you can trust. Teaming up with a logistics and transportation company is a surefire way to ease the burden of trade show managing. Legacy Logistics would love to get on board with you and your team! We’ll handle the nitty-gritty details of shipping, coordination, storage, and more.
Let a reliable, hard-working logistics company handle the brunt of it, so you can focus on what you do best: building up your brand, rallying your team members, and running the show like a pro.
If you like what you hear, get in touch! Fill out our contact form or give us a call at (484) 637-9333.