Trade Show Success: Pre-Show Planning is Key
June 17, 2016
Whether it’s your first trade show or your hundredth, pre-event planning is essential. It may be tempting to “wing it” in some scenarios, but if you want to make the event worth your while (in other words, receive a high ROI), you’re going to have to plan ahead.
What goes into trade show preparation? Time, money, energy, research…it can get a little hectic, to say the least. For a smooth, successful event, here are some ways to prepare:
- Set clear, measurable goals. Setting objectives should be your first move, since all of your other decisions flow from this. Some examples of goals include: writing sales orders, building rapport with customers, getting more press, or spotting trends in your industry.
Draw up a budget. If you don’t have a budget, expenses can add up quickly. One helpful idea is that your space costs should represent roughly a quarter of your total budget. Multiply the space cost by four to get a loose estimate of how much you should be spending.
- Advertise. Invite your clients, customers, and other contacts to the show. Post about it on social media and your website. Get the word out!
- Design your booth. Create your trade show booth and do some practice runs. You should know the complete design and set-up routine for your booth, so when you get to the show, you’re good to go.
- Plan for the worst. “Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.” Don’t psych yourself out about what could go wrong – just be prepared for anything! Have a plan B in the event that some of your materials are missing or damaged. There’s only so much you can control, so don’t sweat the small stuff!
- Find a trade show logistics company that you can trust. The best way to plan for your event is to do so with a team of professionals who provide easy and cost-effective transportation services.
At Legacy Logistics, we take pride in our trade show logistics and shipping services for businesses both large and small. We’ve got you covered when it comes to shipping, coordination, storage, and staffing. We have over 300 trained trade show drivers, on-call personnel, and on-site representation whenever you need them. Trust us with your event materials – it may just be the best pre-show decision you make!
To learn more about how we can provide peace of mind during your next event, fill out our contact form.